Bronn: Oh, speaking of builders, all the best brothels burned down. The Master of Coin is willing to fund reconstruction.
Samwell Tarly: Uh... the Archmaester is less than enthusiastic about the salutary effects of brothels.
Bronn: Well, I imagine he isn't using them properly.
Brienne of Tarth: I think we can all agree that ships take precedence over brothels.
Bronn: I think that's a very presumptuous statement.
Tyrion Lannister: I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel...
Sansa Stark: I love you, little brother. I always will. You'll be a good king. But tens of thousands of Northmen fell in the Great War defending all of Westeros. And those who survived have seen too much and fought too hard ever to kneel again. The North will remain an independent kingdom, as it was for thousands of years. (Bran nods)
Tyrion Lannister: All hail Bran the Broken, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Six Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. All hail Bran the Broken!
Tyrion Lannister: From now on, rulers will not be born. They will be chosen on this spot by the lords and ladies of Westeros... to serve the realm. (to Bran): I know you don't want it. I know you don't care about power. But I ask you now, if we choose you... will you wear the crown? Will you lead the Seven Kingdoms to the best of your abilities from this day until your last day?
Bran Stark: Why do you think I came all this way?
Tyrion Lannister: What unites people? Armies? Gold? Flags? Stories. There's nothing in the world more powerful than a good story. Nothing can stop it. No enemy can defeat it. And who has a better story... than Bran the Broken? The boy who fell from a high tower and lived. He knew he'd never walk again, so he learned to fly. He crossed beyond the Wall, a crippled boy, and became the Three-Eyed Raven. He is our memory, the keeper of all our stories. The wars, weddings, births, massacres, famines. Our triumphs, mm, our defeats, our past. Who better to lead us into the future?
Samwell Tarly: We represent all the great houses, but whomever we choose, they won't just rule over lords and ladies. Maybe the decision about what's best for everyone should be left to... well, everyone. (Everyone looks confused and then a lot of them starts to laugh...)
Edmure Tully: Maybe we should give the dogs a vote as well.
Yohn Royce: I'll ask my horse.
Edmure Tully: My lords and ladies... I suppose this is the most important moment of our lives. What we decide today will reverberate through the annals of history. I stand before you as one of the senior lords in the country. A veteran of two wars. And I like to think my experience has led to some small skill in statecraft and underst...
Sansa Stark: Uncle? Please sit.
Jon Snow: I'm sorry it came to this.
Tyrion Lannister: And your sisters? Do you see them bending the knee?
Jon Snow: My sisters will be loyal to the throne.
Tyrion Lannister: Why do you think Sansa told me the truth about you? Because she doesn't want Dany to be queen.
Jon Snow: She doesn't get to choose.
Tyrion Lannister: No. But you do. And you have to choose now.
You can watch, buy or rent Game of Thrones on these sites:
|Genres:||Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance|
|Release Date:||17 April 2011|
|Status:||Ended with Season 8 in 2019|
|Number of seasons:||8|
In the mythical land of Westeros, the kingdom is ruled by who sits on the Iron Throne. But many people feel like they have the right to be sitting on it. That’s where the game of thrones begins with fights, intrigues and, manipulations to get the Iron Throne for themselves and rule The Seven Kingdoms. There are many families involved in the plot with the most known ones: House of Stark, House of Lannister and House of Targaryen. The story complicates as the winter is nearing… “The Winter is coming.”
Choose character to show quotes by her/him.
A-Z List of Characters
|Arya Stark||Maisie Williams|
|Barristan Selmy||Ian McElhinney|
|Beric Dondarrion||Richard Dormer|
|Bran Stark||Isaac Hempstead Wright|
|Brienne of Tarth||Gwendoline Christie|
|Catelyn Stark||Michelle Fairley|
|Cersei Lannister||Lena Headey|
|Daario Naharis||Ed Skrein / Michiel Huisman|
|Daenerys Targaryen||Emilia Clarke|
|Davos Seaworth||Liam Cunningham|
|Eddard Stark||Sean Bean|
|Ellaria Sand||Indira Varma|
|Euron Greyjoy||Pilou Asbæk|
|Grey Worm||Jacob Anderson|
|High Sparrow||Jonathan Pryce|
|Jaime Lannister||Nikolaj Coster-Waldau|
|Joffrey Baratheon||Jack Gleeson|
|Jon Snow||Kit Harington|
|Jorah Mormont||Iain Glen|
|Lyanna Mormont||Bella Ramsey|
|Margaery Tyrell||Natalie Dormer|
|Melisandre||Carice van Houten|
|Olenna Tyrell||Diana Rigg|
|Petyr Baelish||Aidan Gillen|
|Podrick Payne||Daniel Portman|
|Ramsey Bolton||Iwan Rheon|
|Robb Stark||Richard Madden|
|Robert Baratheon||Mark Addy|
|Samwell Tarly||John Bradley|
|Sandor Clegane||Rory McCann|
|Sansa Stark||Sophie Turner|
|Theon Greyjoy||Alfie Allen|
|Tommen Baratheon||Dean-Charles Chapman|
|Tyrion Lannister||Peter Dinklage|
|Tywin Lannister||Charles Dance|
|Walder Frey||David Bradley|
|Yara Greyjoy||Gemma Whelan|
• Based on many speculations, math and, theories, Tyrion Lannister is the main character. For example, they studied the books and find out Tyrion had interacted with the most characters.
• They actually considered using purple contact lenses for Daenerys, to make her look like she was described in books. But they felt the inconvenience of them lessened Emilia’s performance, and they left them out completely.
• The guy who is one of the most despised might have been one of the most beloved: Iwan Rheon, who plays Ramsay Bolton was almost cast as Jon Snow. It was even as close as him and Kit Harington were the last two left in the auditioning process.
• Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) actually did skin a stag in the first scene he appeared in. It was pitched to him with the words: “Are you a vegetarian, Charles?”
• After the pilot aired one of the showrunners (David Benioff) pranked Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) telling him the show was canceled. He believed it for 6 hours.
• In the first pilot episode that was filmed and later refilmed, George R.R. Martin had a little cameo. His role was of a merchant attending the wedding of Daenerys and Kal Drogo. Although he wasn’t in the refilmed scene, he did get something from the scene, he got one of the eggs from the designer as a gift for his wedding.
• You can learn the Dothraki language as it was fully developed by a linguist and can find many courses online. You can also learn High Valyrian.
• Kit Harington (Jon Snow) lied to his castmates about Jon’s fate in season 6 as to avoid spoilers. Sophie Turner believed him so much, she actually wrote him a long goodbye letter about how much she loved working with him.
• “Khaleesi” the Dothraki title meaning “Queen” was used by some fans to name their baby girls. So you might meet one someday. Other names from the show are also getting used for naming children, such as Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Sandor, Theon, and Bran.
• Sophie Turner (Sansa) adopted the dog Zunni, that played the direwolf Lady belonging to Sansa Stark.
• Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) got stuck to the toilet, when on a bathroom break after filming the scene where she ate the stallion’s heart in season 1.
• Kit Harington (Jon Snow) show up at his first audition with a black eye. He had an altercation with a guy that offended his date in a restaurant the day before. He jokingly said his beat-up face might have gotten him the role.
• Peter Dinklage almost declined the role, cause he was worried the fantasy genre of the show meant he would have to wear something silly like pointy shoes or long beard. After assuring him about what his character will be, he agreed.
» You can find more Facts & Trivia on IMDb