Dean Winchester: I did not think this would be the day. But it is. It is, and that's... Man... that's okay. I need you to... I need you to promise me. I need you to... To... to tell me... that it's okay. I need you to tell me that it's okay.
Sam Winchester: No.
Dean Winchester: Look at me. I need... I need... I need you to tell me that it's okay. I need you to tell me... Tell me it's okay.
Sam Winchester: Dean... it's okay. You can go now.
Dean Winchester: Goodbye, Sam. Goodbye.
Sam Winchester: Don't leave me. I can't do this alone.
Dean Winchester: Yes, you can.
Sam Winchester: Well, I don't want to.
Dean Winchester: Hey. I'm not leaving you. I'm gonna be with you... Right here... every day. Every day you're out there and you're li... And you're living and you're fighting, 'cause you... You always keep fighting. You hear me? I'll be there every step. I love you so much. My baby brother.
Dean Winchester: I'm so proud of you, Sam. You know that? I've always looked up to you. Man, when we were kids, you were so damn smar... smart. You never... You never took any of dad's crap. I never knew how you did that. And you're stronger than me. You always have been. Hey, did I ever tell you... Did I ever tell you that night that, uh... that I ca... That I came for you when you were at school? You know, when dad hadn't come back from his hunting trip?
Sam Winchester: Yeah, um... Uh, the Woman in White.
Dean Winchester: The Woman in White. That's right. I must have stood outside your dorm for hours... because I didn't... I didn't know what... What you would say. I thought you'd tell me to... to get lost or get dead. And I don't know what I would've done... if I didn't have you. 'Cause I was so scared. I was scared, 'cause when it all came down to it, it was always you and me. It's always been you... and me.
Sam Winchester: Then don't leave me.
Dean Winchester: You knew it was always gonna end like this for me. It was supposed to end like this, right? I mean, look at us. Saving people, hunting things... It's what we do.
Sam Winchester: No, no. Stop, okay? Just... Just stop.
Dean Winchester: It's okay. It's good. We had one hell of a ride, man.
Sam Winchester: I will find a way, okay? I-I will find another way.
Dean Winchester: No, man. No. No. No, no, no, no. No bringing me back, okay? You know... You know that always ends bad.
Sam Winchester: Are you sure you're ready for this?
Dean Winchester: Oh, I don't have a choice. This is my destiny. It's just so beautiful.
(They are at the Pie Fest...)
Sam Winchester: Are you crying?
Dean Winchester: What? No. You're crying. I'm... I'm gonna go get some, uh... Pie. I'm gonna get some damn pie.
Dean Winchester: It's a hell of a time to bail. You got a lot of people counting on you, people with questions. They're gonna need answers.
Jack: And those answers will be in each of them. Maybe not today, but... someday. People don't need to pray to me or to sacrifice to me. They just need to know that I'm already a part of them and to trust in that. I won't be hands on. Chuck put himself in the story. That was his mistake. But I learned from you and my mother and Castiel that... when people have to be their best... they can be. And that's what to believe in.
Chuck: What kind of an ending is this?
Sam Winchester: His power. You sure it won't come back?
Jack: It's not his power anymore.
Sam Winchester: Then I think it's the ending where you're just like us and like all the other humans you forgot about.
Dean Winchester: It's the ending where you grow old, you get sick, and you just die.
Sam Winchester: And no one cares. And no one remembers you. You're just forgotten.
(Sam, Dean and Jack get into the Impala and drive away, leaving Chuck behind...)
Chuck: Guys... Guys... wait. Guys... Guys! No, wait. G-Guys... Guys, wait! Guys, wait! Guys, wait! Wait, wait, wait! Please wait! Guys!
(Jack takes away Chuck's powers...)
Chuck: This... This... This is why you're my favorites. You know, for the first time, I have no idea what happens next. Is this where you kill me? I mean, I could never think of an ending where I lose. But this, after everything that I've done to you... to die at the hands of Sam Winchester... Of Dean Winchester, the ultimate killer... It's kind of glorious.
Dean Winchester: Sorry, Chuck.
(Sam, Dean and Jack start to walk away from Chuck...)
Chuck: What? What?
Dean Winchester: See, that's not who I am. That's not who we are.
|Genres:||Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Thriller|
|Produced by:||The CW|
|Release Date:||13 September 2005|
|Status:||Ended with Season 15 in 2020|
|Number of seasons:||15|
The show follows Dean and Sam Winchester as they follow in their father’s footsteps, hunting monsters – ghosts, demons… They drive across the US in their trusted 1967 Chevrolet Impala to save innocent people from supernatural beings.
The story begins with Sam and Dean trying to find and save their father but turns into a never-ending fight against evil. Along the way, they make unexpected friends, that join their fight and form the fan favorite Team Free Will.
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate, that means they may result in a small commission for purchases, full details in our Affiliate disclaimer.*
Choose character to show quotes by her/him.
A-Z List of Characters
|Amara (The Darkness)||Emily Swallow|
|Arthur Ketch||David Haydn-Jones|
|Bobby Singer||Jim Beaver|
|Claire Novak||Kathryn Love Newton|
|Dean Winchester||Jensen Ackles|
|Gabriel||Richard Speight Jr.|
|Charlie Bradbury||Felicia Day|
|Chuck Shurley||Rob Benedict|
|Jack Kline||Alexander Calvert|
|Jody Mills||Kim Rhodes|
|John Winchester||Jeffrey Dean Morgan|
|Kelly Kline||Courtney Ford|
|Mary Winchester||Samantha Smith|
|Mick Davies||Adam Fergus|
|Sam Winchester||Jared Padalecki|
|Toni Bevell||Elizabeth Blackmore|
• Castiel’s outfit is indeed based on comic book character Constantine. Creator Eric Kripke never kept his inspiration a secret, but as the TV show Constantine aired, that was when fans really started to talk about it.
• Jared and Jensen were both considered perfect for the role of Sam, the showrunners like them both, their chemistry was great, so they had to decide who to turn to Dean.
• Chuck’s pen name Carver Edlund is a combination of names Jeremy Carver and Ben Edlund, who were writers for the show.
• Jared is so tall that often his feet hang over the end of the bed – can be seen in wide shots.
• John Winchester was supposed to be only in the first episode. Later more characters from the show, which was originally signed up for only one episode, became occurring characters (Bobby Singer for example).
• Supernatural’s story was originally designed to end with season 5.
• There was almost a crossover with Smallville, where Sam and Dean would save Clark from Superman curse.
• Misha Collins first thought he was auditioning for the role of a demon as the casting call was made to cover up, that they’re adding angels to the show.
• Sam and Dean were almost named Harrison, but there already was Dean Harrison living in Kansas and the lawyers advised to change the name. Even the name of the show was first pitched as Unnatural.
• Sam’s injury in the beginning of the season 10, where he was wearing a sling, was caused by Jared wrestling Osric Chau and had to be written into the story as demon-caused.
» You can find more Facts & Trivia on IMDb