Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Supernatural’s episode ‘Who We Are’.
‘Who We Are’ is the 22nd episode of season twelve. (s12e22)
Top 10 Supernatural Quotes from 12×22
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the episode.
- Sam Winchester: So wait a second. We’re just gonna…
Dean Winchester: Straight Shawshank this b*tch.
(Dean hits the wall with pickaxe and something falls into his eye)
Sam Winchester: Goggles?
Dean Winchester: Goggles.
- Dean Winchester: I always thought we’d go out like… Butch and Sundance style.
Sam Winchester: Yeah. Blaze of glory.
Dean Winchester: Blaze of glory.
- Toni Bevell: You’re lunatics. This is a colossally stupid idea.
Dean Winchester: Yep. Big, beautiful, and dumb. I’ve had this thing for so long. Been waiting for the perfect moment to use it.
Toni Bevell: The explosion could kill us all. You could bring the whole bloody place crashing down.
Dean Winchester: Yeah.
Sam Winchester: Yeah.
Toni Bevell: You’re lunatics. Action movie-loving, cheeseburger-eating, moronic American lunatics.
Dean Winchester: Okay, beautiful. Yippee ki-yay, mother —
- Sam Winchester (to the hunters): Um, so my — my brother and I, we — we, um… No, you know what? I called you here because people… um, our people, are being slaughtered. And we’re next. The British Men of Letters, they came here because they thought they could do our job better than we could. And they hooked us with their flashy gear and their tech. Most of you had the good sense to turn ’em down. I didn’t. They said they wanted the same thing we wanted, you know? A world free of monsters. That’s not what they really wanted. They want control. They want to live in a world where they can sit in some office and decide who gets to live and who gets to die. And they’ve killed people. They’ve killed innocent people just because they got in the way. They think the ends justify the means. But we know better. We know hunting isn’t just about killing. It’s about doing what’s right, even when it’s hard. So we go by our gut, right? We play by our own rules, and that scares them. That’s why they want us dead, ’cause we’re the one thing they can’t control.
Roy: So what do you want from us?
Sam Winchester: I want you to follow me. Take the fight to them. To hit them before they hit us. We go in fast and hard and we fight and we beat them down until they give up or until they’re dead. Look, they’re well-trained and well-armed. Some of us might not make it back. But we will win. We will take down the bad guys because that’s what we do. They’re scared of us. Yeah. Good. They should be.
- Sam Winchester: I-I’ll take a jacked up Dean Winchester over any 10 other Hunters any day.
Dean Winchester: Yeah. I saw you. You’re ready for this. You show those sons of b*tches who’s boss.
Sam Winchester: What about you? What are you gonna do?
Dean Winchester: I’m gonna save Mom.
- Alex Jones: And, Jody —
Jody Mills: I’ll be careful. I promise.
Alex Jones: Not what I was gonna ask. Kick it in the a**.
Dean Winchester: You come back.
Sam Winchester: Promise.
Dean Winchester: B*tch.
Sam Winchester: Jerk.
- Dean Winchester (to Mary): You lied to me. I was a kid. You promised you’d keep me safe. And then you make a deal with Azazel. Yeah, it saved Dad’s life, but I’ll tell you something else that happened. Because on November 2, 1983, old Yellow Eyes came waltzing in to Sammy’s room because of your deal. You left us. Alone. ‘Cause Dad was just a shell. His perfect wife? Gone. Our perfect Mom, the perfect family… was gone. And I… I had to be… more than just a brother. I had to be a father and I had to be a mother, to keep him safe. And that wasn’t fair. And I couldn’t do it. And you wanna know what that was like? They killed the girl that he loved. He got possessed by Lucifer. They tortured him in Hell. And he lost his soul. His soul. All because of you. All of it was because of you. I hate you. I hate you. And I love you. ‘Cause I can’t — I can’t help it. You’re my Mom. And I understand… ’cause I have made deals to save the ones I love more than once. I forgive you. I forgive you. For all of it. Everything. On the other side of this, we can start over, okay? You, me, Sam. We can get it right this time. But I need you to fight. Right now, I need you to fight.
- Dr. Hess: Lucifer is back. Yes, Sam. All thanks to your good friend Crowley. Not that it did him much good. Crowley’s dead. And the Devil is out looking for his son, following in its mother’s footsteps, tracking her and your friend the angel. If Lucifer gets his hands on that child, they’ll be unstoppable. You can’t face that alone. You need us.
Man of letters (from laptop/online call): Listen to her, boy.
Sam Winchester: Pass.
Mary Winchester: Since I’ve been back, I know… I’ve been distant. Cold, even. Leaving you, working with them… I was trying to make things right. Just from a distance, because… being here with you was too hard. Seeing what I’d done to you and to Sam, I…
Dean Winchester: Mom, what you did, the deal… everything that’s happened since has made us who we are. And who we are? We kick ass. We save the world.
Mary Winchester: And Sam? I’m scared. What… What if he can’t forgive me?
Sam Winchester: Mom. You don’t have to be scared of me.
See all quotes from the series: