January – the month of new beginnings. To many it signifies start of something new, new chance to get it right. It doesn’t always work out, but we do love to try, don’t we? January although cold brings us hope – hope to achieve anything we want, hope in everything we want to do and try, hope maybe this year will be it. There is also a little bit of sad coming with the start of new year – the holiday season is officially over and we have to wait another year. Back to work, back to school.
Let’s hear what January brings and signifies in the form of quotes, poems and sayings.
January Quotes and Sayings by famous Authors
Quotes about the month of January by famous authors of many genres like inspirational and motivational.
- “January looks forward to the new year and back to the old year. He sees past and future.” – M.L. Stedman
- “I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.” – Jerry Spinelli
- “Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives… not looking for flaws, but for potential.” – Ellen Goodman
- “New Year’s Day. A fresh start. A new chapter waiting to be written.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “The first day of January always presents to my mind a train of very solemn and important reflections and a question more easily asked than answered frequently occurs viz: How have I improved the past year and with what good intentions do I view the dawn of its successor?” – Charlotte Brontë
- “I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second.” – Helen Fielding
- “I like starting projects in January. That’s the best time to start something. It’s so inward.” – Carolyn Chute
- “On the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take interest in the things that are and are to be, and not in the things that were and are past.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “New Year’s resolutions have always been something to beat myself up with by the second week of January. It seems perverse to set yourself up for failure right at the start of the year.” – Romesh Ranganathan
- “I’ll never understand why everybody puts so much emphasis on January first. There are three hundred and sixty-four other days in the year that you can make a change.” – Elizabeth Eulberg
- “January is always a good month for behavioral economics: Few things illustrate self-control as vividly as New Year’s resolutions. February is even better, though, because it lets us study why so many of those resolutions are broken.” – Sendhil Mullainathan
- “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Short Quotes for the month of January
Short quotes perfect to use on social media as captions or to spruse up your journals. Bunch of little saying to brighten your days in January.
- Hello, January!
- I love January!
- Hello, January! Suprise me.
- Goodbye, December! Hello, January!
- Happy January!
- January is here!
- Welcome January!
- January – Chapter 1 of 12
- Happy first day of January!
- Well hello there, January!
- Hello, January! Be kind to me.
- Hello, January! Be good to me.
- Hello, January! Please be awesome.
- Hello, January! Make my dreams come true.
- Wishing you a happy January!
- Keep calm and say hello to January!
- Queens are born in January.
- Awesome people are born in January.
- Special people are born in January.
- Genius people are born in January.
- Attractive people are born in January.
- Legends are born in January.
- Intelligent people are born in January.
- Someone I love was born in January.
- Dare to be different this month. Dare to stand out. Dare to be the one with a voice. Dare to shine! A happy new month!
Poems about January
January brings the snow,
Makes our feet and fingers glow.”
– Sara Coleridge (The Months)
January is here, with eyes that keenly glow,
A frost-mailed warrior striding a shadowy steed of snow.”
– Edgar Fawcett
The first month of the year,
A perfect time to start all over again,
Changing energies and deserting old moods,
New beginnings, new attitudes.
– Charmaine J. Forde
Bare branches of each tree
on this chilly January morn
look so cold so forlorn.
Gray skies dip ever so low
left from yesterday’s dusting of snow.
Yet in the heart of each tree
waiting for each who wait to see
new life as warm sun and breeze will blow,
like magic, unlock springs sap to flow,
buds, new leaves, then blooms will grow.”
– Nelda Hartmann (January Morn)
With bright or sombre gear,
With smile or frown or song,
In a masque the months go gliding
First January is here,
With eyes that keenly glow—
A frost-mailed warrior striding
A shadowy steed of snow…
– Edgar Fawcett (The Masque of Months)
Like January weather,
The years will bite and smart,
And pull your bones together
To wrap your chattering heart.”
– Dorothy Parker (Braggart)
Quotes for Important days in January
You can find even more quotes that relate to January on the website, continue your journey through January quotes:
Related to these important days that are recognized and celebrated in January: