Enjoy going through the collection of best quotes from Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017).
The Last Jedi is the eighth movie from the Star Wars Saga, otherwise known as Episode VIII.
If you’re in need of refreshing your memory before jumping in the quotes, here is a short summary of the plot.
Rey develops her newly discovered abilities with the guidance of Luke Skywalker, who is unsettled by the strength of her powers. Meanwhile, the Resistance prepares for battle with the First Order. (IMDb)
Top 20 Quotes from ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (2017)
Sorted chronologically as quotes appear in the movie.
- Luke Skywalker: I will never train another generation of Jedi. I came to this island to die. It’s time for the Jedi to end.
- Leia Organa (to Poe): Poe, get your head out of your cockpit. There are things that you cannot solve by jumping in an X-wing and blowing something up!
(A moment later…)
Finn: They’ve got us.
Poe Dameron: Not yet, they don’t. Permission to jump in an X-wing and blow something up?
Leia Organa: Permission granted.
- Amilyn Holdo: In every corner of the galaxy, the downtrodden and oppressed know our symbol, and they put their hope in it. We are the spark that will light the fire that will restore the Republic. That spark, this Resistance, must survive. That is our mission. Now, to your stations. And may the Force be with us.
- Luke Skywalker: What do you know about the Force?
Rey: It’s a power that Jedi have that lets them control people and make things float.
Luke Skywalker: Impressive… Every word in that sentence was wrong.
- Luke Skywalker (to Rey): The Force is not a power you have. It’s not about lifting rocks. It’s the energy between all things, a tension, a balance, that binds the universe together.
- Luke Skywalker (to Rey): I’ve seen this raw strength only once before, in Ben Solo. It didn’t scare me enough then. It does now.
- Luke Skywalker: Now that they’re extinct, the Jedi are romanticized, deified. But if you strip away the myth and look at their deeds, the legacy of the Jedi is failure. Hypocrisy, hubris. That’s not true. At the height of their powers, they allowed Darth Sidious to rise create the Empire, and wipe them out. It was a Jedi Master who was responsible for the training and creation of Darth Vader.
Kylo Ren (to Rey): Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. That’s the only way to become what you were meant to be.
- Luke Skywalker (about Ben): I saw darkness. I’d sensed it building in him. I’d seen it in moments during his training. But then I looked inside, and it was beyond what I ever imagined. Snoke had already turned his heart. He would bring destruction, and pain, and death, and the end of everything I love because of what he will become. And for the briefest moment of pure instinct, I thought I could stop it. It passed like a fleeting shadow. And I was left with shame, and with consequence. And the last thing I saw were the eyes of a frightened boy whose master had failed him.
- Luke Skywalker: So it is time for the Jedi Order to end.
Master Yoda: Time it is. Hmm. For you to look past a pile of old books, hmm?
Luke Skywalker: The sacred Jedi texts.
Master Yoda: Oh. Read them, have you?
Luke Skywalker: Well, I…
Master Yoda: Page-turners they were not. Yes, yes, yes. Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess.
- Master Yoda (to Luke): Heeded my words not, did you? Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is.
- Finn: At least you’re stealing from the bad guys and helping the good.
DJ: Good guys, bad guys, made-up words. Let’s see who formerly owned this gorgeous hunk-uh. Ah, this guy was an arms dealer. Made his bank selling weapons to the bad guys. (hologram shows a tie fighter) Oh… And the good. (hologram shows a x-wing) Finn, let me learn you something big. It’s all a machine, partner. Live free, don’t join.
- Amilyn Holdo: When I served under Leia, she would say, hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it…
Poe Dameron: You’ll never make it through the night.
- Snoke (to Rey about Kylo): I cannot be betrayed, I cannot be beaten. I see his mind, I see his every intent. Yes. I see him turning the lightsaber to strike true. And now, foolish child, he ignites it, and kills his true enemy!
- Kylo Ren: Do you wanna know the truth about your parents? Or have you always known? And you’ve just hidden it away. You know the truth. Say it. Say it.
Rey: They were nobody.
Kylo Ren: They were filthy junk traders who sold you off for drinking money. They’re dead in a paupers’ grave in the Jakku desert. You have no place in this story. You come from nothing. You’re nothing. But not to me. Join me. Please.
- Phasma: You are a bug in the system.
Finn: Let’s go, chrome dome.
Phasma: You were always scum.
Finn: Rebel scum.
- Rose Tico (to Finn): I saved you, dummy. That’s how we’re gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love.
Poe Dameron: We are the spark that’ll light the fire that’ll burn the First Order down.
- Kylo Ren: The Resistance is dead. The war is over. And when I kill you, I will have killed the last Jedi.
Luke Skywalker: Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi.
- Rey: How do we build a Rebellion from this?
Leia Organa: We have everything we need.