Enjoy going through the collection of best quotes from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005).
Revenge of the Sithis the third movie from the Star Wars Saga, otherwise known as Episode III (Episode 3).
If you’re in need of refreshing your memory before jumping in the quotes, here is a short summary of the plot.
Three years into the Clone Wars, the Jedi rescue Palpatine from Count Dooku. As Obi-Wan pursues a new threat, Anakin acts as a double agent between the Jedi Council and Palpatine and is lured into a sinister plan to rule the galaxy. (IMDb)
Top 10 Quotes from ‘Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith’ (2005)
Sorted chronologically as quotes appear in the movie.
- Anakin Skywalker: This is where the fun begins.
- Palpatine: Get help. You’re no match for him. He’s a Sith lord.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Chancellor Palpatine, Sith lords are our speciality.
- Count Dooku: I’ve been looking forward to this.
Anakin Skywalker: My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.
Count Dooku: Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.
- Count Dooku: I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don’t use them.
- Palpatine: Good, Anakin. Good. Kill him. Kill him now.
Anakin Skywalker: I shouldn’t.
Palpatine: Do it. (Anakin kills Dooku) You did well, Anakin. He was too dangerous to be kept alive.
Anakin Skywalker: Yes, but he was an unarmed prisoner. I shouldn’t have done that. It’s not the Jedi way.
Palpatine: It is only natural. He cut off your arm, you wanted revenge…
- Padmé Amidala: Something wonderful has happened. Ani, I’m pregnant.
Anakin Skywalker: That’s… That’s wonderful.
Padmé Amidala: What are we gonna do?
Anakin Skywalker: We’re not gonna worry about anything right now. All right? This is a happy moment. The happiest moment of my life.
- Palpatine: Soon I will have a new apprentice one far younger and more powerful.
- Yoda: Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
Anakin Skywalker: I won’t let these visions come true, Master Yoda.
Yoda: Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is.
Anakin Skywalker: What must I do, Master Yoda?
Yoda: Train yourself to let go… of everything you fear to lose.
- Mace Windu (to Anakin): You are on this council… but we do not grant you the rank of master.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: With all due respect, Master, is he not the chosen one? Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force?
Mace Windu: So the prophecy says.
Yoda: A prophecy that misread could have been.
- Palpatine: The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way… including their quest for greater power.
Anakin Skywalker: The Sith rely on their passion for their strength. They think inwards – only about themselves.
Palpatine: And the Jedi don’t?
Anakin Skywalker: The Jedi are selfless. They only care about others.
- Palpatine (to Anakin): Darth Plagueis was a dark lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You are strong and wise, Anakin, and I am very proud of you. I have trained you since you were a small boy. I have taught you everything I know. And you have become a far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be. But be patient, Anakin. It will not be long before the council makes you a Jedi master.
Anakin Skywalker: Something’s happening. I’m not the Jedi I should be. I want more. And I know I shouldn’t.
- Palpatine (to Anakin): If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects. Not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the Force. Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the Force and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.
- Palpatine (to Anakin): I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger.
- Mace Windu: The senate will decide your fate.
Palpatine: I am the senate.
- Anakin Skywalker: What have I done?
Palpatine: You’re fulfilling your destiny, Anakin.
- Palpatine: Become my apprentice. Learn to use the dark side of the Force.
Anakin Skywalker: I will do whatever you… ask. Just help me save Padmé’s life. I can’t live without her.
Palpatine: To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together I know we can discover the secret.
Anakin Skywalker: I pledge myself to your teachings.
Palpatine: Good. Good. The Force is strong with you. A powerful Sith you will become. Henceforth you shall be known as Darth… Vader.
- Palpatine: Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy! And we shall have peace.
- Palpatine: Commander Cody… the time has come. Execute order 66.
- Youngling: Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?
Padmé Amidala: So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.
- Yoda: If into the security recordings you go, only pain will you find.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: I must know the truth, Master.
- Yoda: Destroy the Sith we must.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Send me to kill the emperor. I will not kill Anakin.
Yoda: To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough you are not.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: He is like my brother. I cannot do it.
Yoda: Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: He is in grave danger.
Padmé Amidala: From the Sith?
Obi-Wan Kenobi: From himself. Padmé, Anakin has turned to the dark side.
Padmé Amidala: You’re wrong. How could you even say that?
Obi-Wan Kenobi: I have seen a security hologram… of him killing younglings.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Padmé, I must find him.
Padmé Amidala: You’re going to kill him, aren’t you?
Obi-Wan Kenobi: He has become a very great threat.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Padmé): Anakin is the father, isn’t he? I’m so sorry.
Padmé Amidala: Anakin, all I want is your love.
Anakin Skywalker: Love won’t save you, Padmé. Only my new powers can do that.
Padmé Amidala: At what cost? You’re a good person. Don’t do this.
- Anakin Skywalker (to Padmé): Don’t you see? We don’t have to run away any more. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the chancellor. I can overthrow him. And together, you and I can rule the galaxy… make things the way we want them to be.
- Padmé Amidala: I don’t believe what I’m hearing. Obi-Wan was right. You’ve changed.
Anakin Skywalker: I don’t want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don’t you turn against me.
Padmé Amidala: I don’t know you any more. Anakin, you’re breaking my heart. You’re going down a path I can’t follow.
- Anakin Skywalker: You turned her against me!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: You have done that yourself.
Anakin Skywalker: You will not take her from me!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that. You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind until now… until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.
- Anakin Skywalker: If you’re not with me then you’re my enemy.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
- Yoda (to Bail): Into exile I must go. Failed I have.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: It’s over, Anakin. I have the high ground.
Anakin Skywalker: You underestimate my power.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!
Anakin Skywalker: I hate you!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.
- Medical droid (about Padmé): Medically, she’s completely healthy. For reasons we can’t explain, we are losing her.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: She’s dying?
Medical droid: We don’t know why. She has lost the will to live.
- Padmé Amidala: There’s good in him. I know. I know there’s… still-
- Darth Vader: Where is Padmé? Is she safe? Is she all right?
Emperor Palpatine: It seems, in your anger, you killed her.
Darth Vader: I…? I couldn’t have. She was alive. I felt it! Nooo!
- Yoda: Master Kenobi, wait a moment. In your solitude on Tatooine, training I have for you.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Training?
Yoda: An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force. Your old master.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Qui-Gon?
Yoda: How to commune with him I will teach you.
More Star Wars Quotes:
» 20 Best ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Quotes (2017)
» 20 Best ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Quotes (2015)
» 30 Best Quotes from Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 Movie)
» 10 Best ‘Star Wars: Attack of the Clones’ Quotes (2002)
» 20 Best ‘Star Wars: The Phantom Menace’ Quotes (1999)
• What did you think about Revenge of the Sith?
• What is your favorite quote from it?
If you enjoyed this list, please consider sharing it. I’d appreciate it, thank you!