Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Shadowhunters’ episode ‘The Powers That Be’.
‘The Powers That Be’ is the second episode of season 3. (s03e02)
Top 20 Shadowhunters Quotes from 3×02
Sorted chronologically as quotes appear in the episode.
- Alec Lightwood: Are you sure bringing me here was a good idea?
Magnus Bane: Yeah. It’s better than coming by myself. I’m joking. They’ll love you.
- Magnus Bane: Oh, just because you’re the only Shadowhunter at a party full of warlocks doesn’t mean you can’t have fun.
Alec Lightwood: Yeah, well, that’s easy for you to say. You’ve known these people for centuries.
Magnus Bane: And you think that’s a good thing? Trust me, I don’t want to be here any longer than I have to…
- Lorenzo Rey (to Alec): I’m here to serve the warlocks, not portal you around like some glorified shuttle service.
Alec Lightwood: Madzie! Hey! My favourite little sorceress!
Catarina Loss: I can’t believe you brought him just to piss Lorenzo off.
Magnus Bane: No. I brought him because he’s my boyfriend.
Catarina Loss: Well, he’s good with kids, I’ll give you that…
- Maia Roberts: Now you’re just stealing moves from Indiana Jones.
Simon Lewis: Well, I did learn from the best.
- Jace Herondale: I actually was hoping you could give me a dinner recommendation.
Izzy Lightwood: Well, you’re asking the wrong Lightwood. Alec and Magnus have been to every restaurant in New York.
- Jace Herondale: What are you talking about? I’ve been on tons of dates.
Izzy Lightwood: With who? Your… book club?
Jace Herondale: Yeah. Among others… But never with a girl you actually care about.
- Magnus Bane: Asmodeus is my father. Look, I’m sorry I never told you. I was ashamed.
Alec Lightwood: I knew every warlock had a demon parent, it’s just… Asmodeus?
Simon Lewis: Hello?
Jace Herondale: Hi.
Simon Lewis: Jace?
Jace Herondale: Do you know any really good mundane restaurants?
Simon Lewis: How did you get my number?
- Lorenzo Rey: Magnus Bane is the only warlock I know capable of conjuring that type of demonic magic.
Alec Lightwood: Well, I assure you… if Magnus is behind this, I will turn him over to the Clave myself.
Lorenzo Rey: Spoken like a true Shadowhunter. The law is hard, but it is the law.
- Simon Lewis: Clary hates crab.
Jace Herondale: Thank you.
Simon Lewis: Lobster, shrimp… crawfish.
Clary Fairchild: That is not true. I’m OK as long as there’s no… shells or claws involved.
Jace Herondale: Got it. Um… OK, then. The flatbread?
Simon Lewis (whispers): Burrata salad.
Jace Herondale: Burrata salad? Let’s do a burrata salad.
Clary Fairchild: My favourite.
- Jace Herondale: Oh, ketchup on fish? That’s disgusting.
Simon Lewis: It is not ketchup.
Jace Herondale (to Clary): That’s more disgusting. Right?
Simon Lewis: It’s gotta go down some way, chief.
- Maia Roberts: I don’t know that I’d want my whole body covered in tattoos.
Jace Herondale: Says the girl with the butterfly tattoo.
Clary Fairchild: Butterfly tattoo?
Simon Lewis: How do you know about that? It’s pretty well hidden.
Clary Fairchild: You saw it after one of her transformations? Or…
Jace Herondale: Not exactly. No.
Maia Roberts: Yeah…
- Maia Roberts: Simon, about the tattoo…
Simon Lewis: Look, you don’t have to apologize.
Maia Roberts: I wasn’t going to. I was single at the time.
Simon Lewis: I know, and I just assume that pretty much everyone’s slept with Jace at this point. It’s only a matter of time before I sleep with him myself, I guess.
Maia Roberts (to Simon): It doesn’t matter who we’ve been with in the past. What’s important is who we’re with now. And I… want to be with you.
- Jace Herondale: I’ve never felt about anyone… the way I feel about you, Clary. When I met you I… I thought I knew everything, but you’ve shown me that there is so much more to being a Shadowhunter than just killing demons.
Clary Fairchild: Come on, you still think you know everything.
Jace Herondale: Well, except restaurants… apparently.
- Jace Herondale (to Clary): You’re special. Everything about you. Like how you scrunch your face when you’re thinking. Like how you always double knot your shoes before you train. Like how you always have a piece of charcoal in your pocket. But more than that, it’s how you always see the best in people. In me. And I am scared that if we take things too quickly… that you’re gonna see something in me that you don’t like. I just don’t want to ruin this.
- Magnus Bane: I could try it on my own. It’d be far more difficult, but at least you’ll be safe.
Alec Lightwood: And let you hog all the glory?
Magnus Bane: Maybe.
Alec Lightwood: As long as you’re here, I’m not going anywhere.
Alec Lightwood: I did it.
Magnus Bane: You did it?
Alec Lightwood: Yeah! Well, maybe… Maybe I got a little help.
Magnus Bane: Huh.
Magnus Bane: Alexander… about my father. I hope you don’t think less of me.
Alec Lightwood: Are you kidding? I don’t care who your dad is! I care who you are. And you’re the furthest thing from a greater demon.
See all quotes from the series:
• What did you think about this episode?
• What is your favorite quote from it?
If you enjoyed this list, please consider sharing it. I’d appreciate it, thank you!