Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Game of Thrones’ episode ‘Dragonstone’.
‘Dragonstone’ is the 1st episode of season seven. (s07e01)
Top 19 Game of Thrones Quotes from 7×01
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the episode.
Arya Stark (with Walder’s face on): You didn’t slaughter every one of the Starks. No, no, that was your mistake. You should have ripped them all out, root and stem. Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe.
(Every men is poisoned by the wine and Arya reveals herself)
Arya Stark (to Walder’s wife): When people ask you what happened here… tell them the North remembers. Tell them winter came for House Frey.
- Jon Snow: Everyone aged 10 to 60 will drill daily with spears, pikes, bow and arrow.
Robett Glover: It’s about time we taught these boys of summer how to fight.
Jon Snow: Not just the boys. We can’t defend the North if only half the population is fighting.
Robett Glover: You expect me to put a spear in my granddaughter’s hand?
Lyanna Mormont: I don’t plan on knitting by the fire while men fight for me. I might be small, Lord Glover, and I might be a girl, but I am every bit as much a Northerner as you.
Robett Glover: Indeed you are, my lady. No one has questioned…
Lyanna Mormont: And I don’t need your permission to defend the North.
- Tormund: You want us to man the castles for you? Looks like we’re the Night’s Watch now.
- Jon Snow: I will not punish a son for his father’s sins, and I will not take a family home away from a family it has belonged to for centuries. That is my decision, and my decision is final.
- Sansa Stark: They respect you, they really do, but you have to… Why are you laughing?
Jon Snow: What did father used to say? Everything before the word “but” is horse shit.
- Sansa Stark: You have to be smarter than Father. You need to be smarter than Robb. I loved them, I miss them, but they made stupid mistakes, and they both lost their heads for it.
Jon Snow: And how should I be smarter? By listening to you?
Sansa Stark: Would that be so terrible?
- Sansa Stark (about Cersei): If you’re her enemy, she’ll never stop until she’s destroyed you. Everyone who’s ever crossed her, she’s found a way to murder.
Jon Snow: You almost sound as if you admire her.
Sansa Stark: I learned a great deal from her.
- Cersei Lannister: You’ve been quiet since you came home. Are you angry with me?
Jaime Lannister: No, not angry.
Cersei Lannister: Are you afraid of me?
Jaime Lannister: Should I be?
- Jaime Lannister (about Daenerys): Dragonstone. They have deep-water ports for the ships. Stannis left the castle unoccupied, and that’s where she was born.
Cersei Lannister: Enemies to the east. Enemies to the south… Ellaria Sand and her brood of bitches. Enemies to the west… Olenna, the old cunt. Another traitor. Enemies to the north. Ned Stark’s bastard has been named King in the North and that murdering whore Sansa stands beside him. Enemies everywhere. We’re surrounded by traitors.
- Euron Greyjoy: I must say when you rushed through the breach and started cutting people down… it was glorious. Like a dance.
Jaime Lannister: The people I was cutting down were your own kin.
Euron Greyjoy: The place was getting crowded. I enjoyed watching it. I truly did.
- Cersei Lannister: You murdered your own brother.
Euron Greyjoy: You should try it. Feels wonderful.
- Archmaester (to Sam): In the Citadel, we lead different lives for different reasons. We are this world’s memory, Samwell Tarly. Without us, men would be little better than dogs. Don’t remember any meal but the last, can’t see forward to any but the next. And every time you leave the house and shut the door, they howl like you’re gone forever.
- Petyr Baelish: Why aren’t you happy? What do you want that you do not have?
Sansa Stark: At the moment, peace and quiet. No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I’ll assume it was something clever.
- Lannister Soldier (singing):
He rode through the streets of the city
Down from his hill on high
Over the winds and the steps and the cobble
He rode to a woman’s side
For she was his secret treasure
She was his shame and his bliss
And a chain and a keep are nothing
Compared to a woman’s kiss
All soldiers (join to sing chorus):
For hands of gold are always cold
But a woman’s hands are warm
For hands of gold are always cold
But a woman’s hands are …
- Lannister soldier: So, why is a nice girl on her own heading to King’s Landing?
Arya Stark: I’m going to kill the queen.
- Sandor Clegane (to Thoros): I’ll tell you what doesn’t scare me… Bald cocksuckers like you. You think you’re fooling anyone with that top knot?
- Thoros of Myr: What do you see?
Sandor Clegane: Logs burning.
Thoros of Myr: Keep looking. What do you see?
Sandor Clegane: Ice. A wall of ice. The Wall.
Thoros of Myr: What else?
Sandor Clegane: It’s where the Wall meets the sea. There’s a castle there. There’s a mountain. Looks like an arrowhead. The dead are marching past. Thousands of them.
Daenerys Targaryen: Shall we begin?
More quotes from Game of Thrones: