Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Game of Thrones’ episode ‘Beyond the Wall’.
‘Beyond the Wall’ is the 6th episode of season seven. (s07e06)
Top 18 Game of Thrones Quotes from 7×06
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the episode.
Jon Snow: How do you live up here? How do you keep your balls from freezing off?
Tormund: You got to keep moving. That’s the secret. Walking’s good, fighting’s better, fucking’s best.
Jon Snow: There’s not a living woman within a hundred miles of here.
Tormund: We have to make do with what we’ve got.
Tormund: So, you met this Dragon Queen, huh? And?
Jon Snow: She’ll only fight beside us if I bend the knee.
Tormund: You spent too much time with the Free Folk. Now you don’t like kneeling.
- Gendry: They would have killed me if wasn’t for Davos.
Sandor Clegane: But they didn’t, did they? So, what you whinging about?
Gendry: I’m not whinging.
Sandor Clegane: Your lips are moving and you’re complaining about something. That’s whinging. This one’s been killed six times. (points to Beric) You don’t hear him bitching about it.
- Arya Stark (about her father): There was one arrow in the target. There was no one around, just like now. No one to stop me. So I started shooting. And every shot, I had to go up there and get my one arrow and walk back and shoot it again. I wasn’t very good. Finally, I hit the bull’s-eye. Could have been the 20th shot or the 50th. I don’t remember. But I hit the bull’s-eye, and I heard this. (clapping) I looked up, and he’s standing right here, smiling down at me. I knew what I was doing was against the rules. But he was smiling, so I knew it wasn’t wrong. The rules were wrong. I was doing what I was meant to be doing, and he knew it.
- Arya Stark: What would little Lyanna Mormont say? She’s younger than you were when you wrote this. Are you going to say, “But I was just a child?”
Sansa Stark: You’re angry. Sometimes anger makes people do unfortunate things.
Arya Stark: Sometimes fear makes them do unfortunate things. I’ll go with anger.
Tormund: Were you born mean or you just hate wildings?
Sandor Clegane: I don’t give two shits about wildings. It’s gingers I hate.
Tormund: Gingers are beautiful. We are kissed by fire.
- Tormund: I have a beauty waiting for me back at Winterfell. If I ever get back there. Yellow hair, blue eyes, the tallest woman you’ve ever seen. Almost as tall as you.
Sandor Clegane: Brienne of Tarth.
Tormund: You know her?
Sandor Clegane: You’re with Brienne of fucking Tarth?
Tormund: Well, not with her yet. But I see the way she looks at me.
Sandor Clegane: How does she look at you? Like she wants to carve you up and eat your liver?
Tormund: You do know her.
Sandor Clegane: We’ve met.
Tormund: I want to make babies with her. Think of them… great big monsters. They’d conquer the world.
Sandor Clegane: How did a mad fucker like you live this long?
Tormund: I’m good at killing people.
- Beric Dondarrion: I’m not fighting so some man or woman I barely know can sit on a throne made of swords.
Jon Snow: So, what are you fighting for?
Beric Dondarrion: Life. Death is the enemy. The first enemy and the last.
Jon Snow: But we all die.
Beric Dondarrion: The enemy always wins. And we still need to fight him. That’s all I know.
- Beric Dondarrion: You and I won’t find much joy while we’re here, but we can keep others alive. We can defend those who can’t defend themselves.
Jon Snow: “I am the shield that guards the realms of men.”
Beric Dondarrion: Maybe we don’t need to understand any more than that. Maybe that’s enough.
- Daenerys Targaryen: Do you know what I like about you?
Tyrion Lannister: I honestly don’t.
Daenerys Targaryen: You’re not a hero.
Tyrion Lannister: Oh. Well, I’ve been heroic on occasion. I once charged through the Mud Gate of King’s Landing and…
Daenerys Targaryen: I don’t want you to be a hero. Heroes do stupid things and they die.
- Tyrion Lannister: It’s interesting, these heroes you name. Drogo, Jorah, Daario, even this… Jon Snow. They all fell in love with you.
Daenerys Targaryen: Jon Snow’s not in love with me.
Tyrion Lannister: Oh, my mistake. I suppose he stares at you longingly because he’s hopeful for a successful military alliance.
Daenerys Targaryen: He’s too little for me. I didn’t mean… As heroes go, he is quite little.
- Tyrion Lannister: You say you can’t have children, but there are other ways of choosing a successor. The Night’s Watch has one method. The ironborn, for all their many flaws, have another.
Daenerys Targaryen: We will discuss the succession after I wear the crown.
Tyrion Lannister: Your Grace, I saw hundreds of arrows fly towards you when you fought on the Blackwater Rush, and I saw hundreds of arrows miss. But any one of them could have found your heart and ended your…
Daenerys Targaryen: You’ve been thinking about my death quite a bit, haven’t you? Is this one of the items you discussed with your brother in King’s Landing?
Tyrion Lannister: I’m trying to serve you by planning for the long term.
Daenerys Targaryen: Perhaps if you planned for the short term, we wouldn’t have lost Dorne and Highgarden. We will discuss the succession after I wear the crown.
- Jorah Mormont: The ironborn thought you were some kind of god, the way you were waving that flaming sword. I thought you were the bravest man I ever saw.
Thoros of Myr: Just the drunkest.
- Tyrion Lannister: You can’t win the throne if you’re dead. You can’t break the wheel if you’re dead.
Daenerys Targaryen: So, what would you have me do?
Tyrion Lannister: Nothing. Sometimes nothing is the hardest thing to do. If you die, we’re all lost. Everyone, everything.
Daenerys Targaryen: You told me to do nothing before and I listened to you. I’m not doing nothing again.
- Beric Dondarrion: We’ll meet again, Clegane.
Sandor Clegane: Fucking hope not.
- Arya Stark (to Sansa): We both wanted to be other people when we were younger. You wanted to be a queen, to sit next to a handsome, young king on the Iron Throne. I wanted to be a knight, to pick up a sword like Father and go off to battle. Neither of us got to be that other person, did we? The world doesn’t just let girls decide what they’re going to be. But I can now. With the faces, I can choose. I can become someone else. Speak in their voice, live in their skin. I could even become you. I wonder what it would feel like to wear those pretty dresses… to be the Lady of Winterfell. All I’d need to find out… is your face.
- Jon Snow: I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I wish I could take it back. I wish we’d never gone.
Daenerys Targaryen: I don’t. If we hadn’t gone, I wouldn’t have seen. You have to see it to know. Now I know.
Daenerys Targaryen: We are going to destroy the Night King and his army. And we’ll do it together. You have my word.
Jon Snow: Thank you, Dany.
Daenerys Targaryen: “Dany”? Who was the last person who called me that? I’m not sure. Was it my brother? Mm, not the company you want to keep.
Jon Snow: All right. Not “Dany.” How about “my queen”? I’d, uh, bend the knee, but…
Daenerys Targaryen: What about those who swore allegiance to you?
Jon Snow: They’ll all come to see you for what you are.
Daenerys Targaryen: I hope I deserve it.
Jon Snow: You do.
More quotes from Game of Thrones:
» 19 Best Game of Thrones Quotes from ‘Eastwatch’ (7×05)
» 16 Best Game of Thrones Quotes from ‘The Spoils of War’ (7×04)
» 26 Best Game of Thrones Quotes from ‘The Queen’s Justice’ (7×03)
» 16 Best Game of Thrones Quotes from ‘Stormborn’ (7×02)
» 19 Best Game of Thrones Quotes from ‘Dragonstone’ (7×01)