Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Shadowhunters’ episode ‘Hail and Farewell’.
‘Hail and Farewell’ is the 19th episode of season 2. (s02e19)
Top 14 Shadowhunters Quotes from 2×19
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the episode.
- Isabelle Lightwood (to dead Sebastian Verlac): We’ll make ’em pay for what they did to you.
Clary Fray: We’re going to make them pay for everything.
- Magnus Bane: The Queen is simply a woman with a strong point of view.
Luke Garroway: Does that “strong point of view” differ from breaking the Accords? Because last time I checked, war with the Clave was the order of the day.
Raphael Santiago: Unless Valentine succeeds in raising Raziel, kills everyone with demon blood first.
Magnus Bane: In which case, she’d like to offer the entire Downworld protection in the Seelie Realm.
- Raphael Santiago: Whatever there is between us… it’s not just about craving each other’s blood.
Isabelle Lightwood: I know. I know.
Raphael Santiago: Well… If there’s any good that comes out of being at the brink of war… it’s being able to stand here, in front of you.
- Maia Roberts: Who knew dating a college boy would come in handy.
Simon Lewis: Oh, no.
Maia Roberts: What? Was it the word “dating?”
Simon Lewis: No, no! It was the word college! I mean, I haven’t been to school in forever! Classes started like a week ago, and my mom already paid the meal plan. And I don’t even eat anymore! So she’s out, like, three grand, and then… Wait… are we dating?
- Clary Fray: Given everything that you and I have been through, I know that asking you for a favor right now might be a little awkward…
Simon Lewis: Derek Russel’s seventh birthday party. You sat in chocolate ice cream, and were afraid people might think…
Clary Fray: Yeah, you switched pants with me so that nobody would notice.
Simon Lewis: And I was never invited to another one of his birthday parties ever again. That’s awkward. This is us.
- Simon Lewis: You know I always have your back, Fray. And there’s no job that’s too big.
Clary Fray: I need you to talk to the Seelie Queen.
Simon Lewis: That job’s too big.
- Valentine Morgenstern: Are you with me?
Sebastian Morgenstern: Until the bitter end.
- Simon Lewis: You were a child, and now you’re… confusing.
Seelie Queen: Different outfits for different occasions.
- Seelie Queen: So long as you’re at my side when the wind changes, not a single hair on that perfect head of yours will be tousled.
Simon Lewis: You don’t want things to end well, do you? You want war.
Seelie Queen: I want change… and you, Daylighter.
- Seelie Queen: You’ve refused me twice now. No one, in my very long life, has ever dared do such a thing.
Simon Lewis: Well… Considering you’re trying to get vampires, werewolves and warlocks to play nice… you might wanna get used to some rejection.
- Sebastian Morgenstern: I’m a dead weight, am I? I know when I’m being played.
Valentine Morgenstern: Believe me. Where I need to go, it’s too dangerous for you to follow. You, Jonathan Morgenstern, are brilliant… and as cunning and vicious as I have ever hoped for. Listen to me. I will come back for you. I promise.
- Sebastian Morgenstern (to Jace): You’ll make an excellent trophy to present father with.
Jace Herondale: People die in war, Clary.
Clary Fray: My mom and then Dot, and… I can’t lose you, too.
Jace Herondale: You’re not the only person afraid of losing someone.
Clary Fray: I’m tired of being afraid.
- Valentine Morgenstern: I’ve come make you a deal.
Seelie Queen: Hah! What could you have that I would possibly want? (Valentine whispers something in her ear) Walk with me, won’t you? It’s such a lovely night.
Valentine Morgenstern: Though not so beautiful as what tomorrow may bring to the both of us.
See all quotes from the series: