Enjoy the quotes from a novel titled ‘Jedi Quest: Path to Truth’. This book is the prequel for the Jedi Quest series featuring the adventures of Anakin Skywalker and his master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, between Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.
Please note these stories are not considered canon.
DESTINED TO FALL.
In the mysterious caves of Ilum, Anakin must create his lightsaber after confronting the demons of his past—and his future. Once the lightsaber is completed, Anakin joins his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, on a mission that will cut to the heart of his fear, anger, and power.
When Anakin was a young slave on Tatooine, everyone lived in terror of a creature named Krayn, who kidnapped slaves for his own profit—and killed anyone who got in his way. Now Krayn’s evil has grown to a dangerous degree, threatening peace and safe passage throughout the galaxy.
Anakin and Obi-Wan must stop Krayn. But can Obi-Wan also stop Anakin from seeking vengeance against an old enemy?
Anakin’s path is not.
Top 13 ‘Jedi Quest: Path to Truth’ Quotes
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the book.
- Anakin Skywalker: Why did the Jedi choose such a hazardous spot to keep the Ilum crystals? Wouldn’t it make sense to remove them from the cavern and keep them in a safe place? Even a thousand years ago, they had to have a better idea.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: The crystals grow in the cave. This is where we must gather them. The challenge is part of the reward.
Anakin Skywalker: I’m not complaining. It looks like fun.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Now comes the hard part.
Anakin Skywalker: Glad to hear it. I was getting bored.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Remember your training, Anakin. Let your fear enter you. Do not battle it. There is no shame in it. Your feelings are your strength. Experience them and let them go as you proceed toward your goal. There are lessons to be learned even from fear and anger. Face those lessons and move on with calm and justice.
Anakin Skywalker: I know all these things.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: No, you do not. But you will.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Anakin): Speculation is a waste of time. Especially, when you are waiting for the Jedi Council.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Inspection.
(Obi-Wan reveals his lightsaber and activates it)
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Here.
- Nor Fik: If you don’t keep your slaves healthy, you will have trouble replacing them.
Krayn: A healthy slave is a slave who dreams of escape.
- Mazie: Do not fear, Anakin. A slave’s life is short. It will soon be over.
Anakin Skywalker: No, I will find a way out.
- Anakin Skywalker (to Siri): Who are you to tell me my duty? You betrayed us all. You turned your back on the Jedi and embraced the dark side. Now you are Krayn’s spy. The ally of a slave trader, the most contemptible, despicable being in the galaxy –
Krayn: Such praise. How lucky I am to be such an icon of evil to my property. It means I am doing something right.
- Anakin Skywalker: Obi-Wan has always instructed me to be careful with what I say in anger.
Siri Tachi: I am sure that he also told you that I am responsible for my own risks. And I’m sure he advised you to recognize the danger of your impulsiveness and then move on without blame, only wisdom.
Anakin Skywalker: You sound just like him.
Siri Tachi: I know him well. He has this habit of telling you the truth just when you don’t want to hear it.
- Siri Tachi: I’m impressed with your kindness and bravery. I saw how you tried to help the weak ones when you could.
Anakin Skywalker: I know what it’s like to be a slave.
Siri Tachi: Yes. And it is unfortunate that events placed you here. You have shown remarkable patience and strong will. I believe you’ll make a fine Jedi.
Anakin Skywalker: If I’m not executed first.
- Siri Tachi: You remind me of someone I knew well years ago. He never let up, either. Made me think fast to keep up with him. Just don’t ever tell Obi-Wan I said so.
Anakin Skywalker: It’s funny, I thought you hated him.
Siri Tachi: Of course I don’t hate him. He just gets on my nerves.
- Mazie: We could not let you leave without thanking you. You freed us all.
Anakin Skywalker: You freed yourself.
Siri Tachi (to Obi-Wan): It appears that your Padawan has impressed the Chancellor. He has great gifts.
See all quotes from the book: