Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Game of Thrones’ episode ‘The Night Lands’.
‘The Night Lands’ is the second episode of season two. (s02e02)
Top 12 Game of Thrones Quotes from 2×02
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the episode.
- Tyrion Lannister: Threaten me again and I’ll have you thrown into the sea.
Varys: You might be disappointed in the results. Storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling.
- Jorah Mormont: They don’t like the idea of a woman leading a Khalasar.
Daenerys Targaryen: They will like it far less when I am done with them.
- Petyr Baelish (to Ros): I hate bad investments. Really, I… I do. They haunt me.
- Janos Slynt: I’ll not have my honor questioned by an Imp!
Tyrion Lannister: I’m not questioning Your Honor, Lord Janos. I’m denying its existence.
- Tyrion Lannister: If I told you to murder an infant girl, say, still at her mother’s breast, would you do it without question?
Bronn: Without question? No. I’d ask, “how much?”
Gendry: You know, you shouldn’t insult people that are bigger than you.
Arya Stark: Then I wouldn’t get to insult anyone.
- Gendry: How can someone so small be such a huge pain in my ass?
- Gendry: You thought they were after you. Why? Did you kill someone or is it just because you’re a girl?
Arya Stark: I’m not a girl.
Gendry: Yes, you are. Do you think I’m as stupid as the rest of them?
- Gendry: You were a lord’s daughter and you lived in a castle and you… look, all that about cocks, I should never have said… and I’ve been pissing in front of you and everything. I… I should be calling you “My Lady.”
Arya Stark: Do not call me “My Lady.”
Gendry: As My Lady commands. (Arya pushes him) Well, that was unladylike.
- Theon Greyjoy: She can’t lead an attack!
Balon Greyjoy: And why not?
Theon Greyjoy: You’re a woman!
Yara Greyjoy: You’re the one in skirts.
- Tyrion Lannister: Listen to me, Queen Regent. You’re losing the people. Do you hear me?
Cersei Lannister: The people. You think I care?
Tyrion Lannister: You might find it difficult to rule over millions who want you dead. Half the city will starve when winter comes. The other half will plot to overthrow you. And your gold-plated thugs just gave them their rallying cry… “The Queen slaughters babies.” You don’t even have the decency to deny it… It wasn’t you who gave the order, was it? Joffrey didn’t even tell you. Did he tell you? I imagine that would be even worse.
- Cersei Lannister: You want to be Hand of the King? You want to rule? This is what ruling is… lying on a bed of weeds, ripping them out by the root, one by one, before they strangle you in your sleep.
Tyrion Lannister: I’m no king, but I think there’s more to ruling than that.
More quotes from Game of Thrones: