Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Young Sheldon’s episode ‘Pilot’.
‘Pilot’ is the 1st episode of season 1. (s01e01)
Top 10 Young Sheldon Quotes from 1×01
Sorted chronologically as quotes appear in the episode.
- Sheldon Cooper (narrative): I’ve always loved trains. In fact, if my career in theoretical physics hadn’t worked out, my backup plan was to become a professional ticket taker. Or hobo.
- Sheldon Cooper (narrative): I felt like Neil Armstrong on the moon, alone and happy.
- Missy Cooper: You’re gonna get your ass kicked in high school.
Sheldon Cooper: I’m not going to be assaulted. High school is a haven for higher learning.
George Cooper Sr.: Oh, dear God.
- Sheldon Cooper: I’ll go with you, Mom.
Missy Cooper: Why are you going? You don’t believe in God.
Sheldon Cooper: No, but I believe in Mom.
- Mary Cooper: You understand that some people are gonna be intimidated by you ’cause of how smart you are?
Sheldon Cooper: Or maybe they’ll recognize my intellect and make me their leader.
Mary Cooper (mumbling to herself): Lord, look after my son. Don’t let him get stuffed in a gym bag.
- Mary Cooper: How about we lose the bowtie?
Sheldon Cooper: Why?
Mary Cooper: Look around, honey. None of the other kids are wearing one.
Sheldon Cooper: Well, perhaps I’ll start a fad.
- Music teacher: You have perfect pitch.
Sheldon Cooper: Okay.
Music teacher: Sweetheart, you should really pursue music.
Sheldon Cooper: No, thank you. Musicians take drugs.
Missy Cooper: Why can’t we watch DuckTales?
Sheldon Cooper: ‘Cause we don’t learn anything watching DuckTales.
Missy Cooper: It’s TV, we aren’t supposed to learn.
- Sheldon Cooper: You told on them?
George Cooper Sr.: Yeah. You know what happened?
Sheldon Cooper: Justice descended upon the rule breakers?
George Cooper Sr.: I got fired, Sheldon. And I got a bad reputation.
Sheldon Cooper: Oh. That’s why you drink so much beer.
- Sheldon Cooper: Dad. Are you sad that you got fired?
George Cooper Sr.: Mostly angry. But yeah. Maybe a little sad.