Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Grey’s Anatomy’s episode ‘Break Down the House’.
‘Break Down the House’ is the 1st episode of season 14. (s14e01)
Top 10 Grey’s Anatomy Quotes from 14×01
Sorted chronologically as quotes appear in the episode.
- Meredith Grey (narration): The painful irony for doctors is that we often have to make you sicker in order to heal you. If a bone is healed unevenly, we have to re-break it. If a scar is too thick, we have to scrape it off and create a new wound. We break you down to re-build you. We go to medical school because we want to learn how to fix what’s broken. But we quickly learn that we often have to make things worse before we can make them better. It’s risky and it’s frightening for surgeons and for patients, but usually, it’s worth it. You get a second chance at life, and we get to be the architects of your second chance. It’s win-win. When it works.
- Owen Hunt: Megan? Megan.
Megan Hunt: Who… Who are you? (she smiles) Sorry. I had to do it. Will you unstrap me from this thing so I can hug your ridiculously pale body?
- Jo Wilson: Who am I gonna talk to now? Who am I gonna compete against? W-Who’s gonna tell me when I’m being ridiculous or… or when I stink and need a shower?
Ben Warren: Way to make Stephanie’s life-changing injuries about you.
Jo Wilson: You called it a rush!
- Max (to Jo): Look! Allora the Warrior Queen! Is that you?!
Alex Karev: Max, don’t blow her cover. She’s gonna be doing your surgery.
- Miranda Bailey (about sub-interns): They’re here. And they’re yours. And they’re all in the top 10% of their programs.
Richard Webber: So they’re completely socially inept?
Miranda Bailey: Probably.
- Ben Warren: What’s going on here?
Miranda Bailey: It’s hard to say. We’re still in pre-op. Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s the lead surgeon. Oh, and that over there? Yeah, I think that’s his best scrub nurse.
Ben Warren: Ortho docs?
Miranda Bailey: Only louder!
Miranda Bailey: Ortho wrapped up yesterday. Then vascular came in, did some work on the walls. This is…
Ben Warren: The plastics posse.
Miranda Bailey: Precisely.
- Megan Hunt: I’ve been meaning to ask. How’s married life?
Owen Hunt: How’s your colostomy bag?
- Arizona Robbins (to Teddy): Callie left me, and she went to New York, and she took Sofia, and I managed to find love again, but then she got fired, and I’ve been meaning to call you forever, and I’m so sorry. Did I ghost you? ‘Cause I’m… I’m… I’m so sorry. I’m a terrible friend, and I’m so glad you’re here!
- Teddy Altman (to Meredith): It’s not appropriate for you to be Megan Hunt’s surgeon… not when she doesn’t have the whole history.
Maggie Pierce: Who is she?
Meredith Grey: That’s… Owen’s… person.
Richard Webber (to Alex and April): You two think you were any better than them? Karev, you scraped in by the skin of your teeth thanks to an essay you wrote on testicular cancer… that I have since found was a lie! Kepner, you failed your boards and got fired… twice! I raised you two. I grew you into the surgeons you are now. So you don’t get to tell me who I will and won’t teach and how I should or shouldn’t do it! Now, I will thank you to walk away.
(Alex and April leave, Bailey comes for high five)
Richard Webber (to Bailey): Minnick’s sub-I’s can’t be taught! They weren’t meant to be surgeons. I’m not sure they were meant to be doctors. Maybe they can be researchers in some lab, and even that’s questionable!
See all quotes from the series: