Enjoy the best quotes / moments from The Defenders’ episode ‘Royal Dragon’.
‘Royal Dragon’ is the 4th episode of season 1. (s01e04)
Top 10 The Defenders Quotes from 1×04
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the episode.
- Danny Rand: Uh, are those pork?
Matt Murdock: No, they’re shrimp.
Danny Rand: Oh.
Matt Murdock: Oh. This guy’s got pork.
Danny Rand: Ah, great!
Jessica Jones (to Matt): God, you’re weird.
- Alexandra Reid: Who are you?
Elektra Natchios: The Black Sky. I serve the Hand.
Both of them: “And together, we serve life itself.”
Alexandra Reid: You are my last hope. You have seen death, my child. And like me, you have conquered it. Don’t forget who brought us back.
- Danny Rand: You’re blind.
Matt Murdock: Yeah, well, sight is overrated.
- Danny Rand: Bulletproof. Blind ninja. Whatever it is you are.
Jessica Jones: Classy.
Danny Rand: I tried being a one-man army, and it failed. But this… This feels like something else is at work here. The four of us show up to fight a criminal organization at the same moment? How obvious does it have to be? This… This cannot be an accident.
- Stick: Those tremors that shook up the place, they’re nothing compared to what comes next. The Hand’s done it before. Pompeii, Chernobyl. Events the history books like to call catastrophes, just cover-ups. ‘Cause New York is next. And the only thing keeping Manhattan from crumbling to a pile of dust… is the four of you.
- Jessica Jones (to Luke): I don’t know what it is that makes you care so much about other people, but that’s not me. It was good to see you. Let me know when they fit you for a costume.
- Matt Murdock: All right, maybe this city is at stake. Maybe this fight is important. I get that. I’m just saying, imagine knowing for the rest of your life, you only made it worse by getting involved.
- Luke Cage: How are you still hungry?
Danny Rand: It takes a lot of energy to summon my chi. (Luke laughs) What? Come on, you’ve seen it in action. Twice now.
Luke Cage: I liked it better on my side of the fight and not the side of my face.
- Stick: What do you want?
Alexandra Reid: The same thing I’ve always wanted. To bring light into the dark. To bring life where there is death.
Luke Cage: For all your talk of life, you sure kill a lot of people.
- Alexandra Reid (to Danny): I can see you’ve formed a kind of bond here. And while that might give you some comfort, I promise you, it’s temporary. They will disappoint you. They will not make you stronger. And if I might give you some advice, the more connections you have, the easier it will be to break you.