Enjoy the best quotes / moments from Shadowhunters’ episode ‘A Door Into the Dark’.
‘A Door Into the Dark’is the second episode of season 2. (s02e02)
Meanwhile, Clary struggles to find where she belongs since she doesn’t seem to fit into the Shadowhunter world, yet can’t go back to her mundane life. (TVAfterDark)
Top 20 Shadowhunters Quotes from 2×02
Ordered chronologically as they appear in the episode.
- Clary Fray (to Jocelyn): Everyone says that Valentine is the monster, but you… you just tried to murder your own son!
Clary Fray (to Simon): No, you’re not going anywhere. You’re the only person I can trust right now.
- Alec Lightwood: Since you’ve arrived, you’ve caused nothing but problems. My family lost their birthright. Izzy was almost deruned. And now Valentine has my parabatai. And it’s all because of you. When are you gonna realize you don’t belong here? You never have.
- Clary Fray: I’m not one of you. I’m just some girl from Brooklyn who went out to celebrate her birthday and came back with a present she never wanted. And can’t return.
Isabelle Lightwood: You don’t want to return that present. It’s a blessing.
Clary Fray: Not for me. I just… I want to feel normal again, Isabelle. I… I want my old life back.
- Isabelle Lightwood (to Clary): You have a new life now. You have me. And that’s not gonna change.
- Raphael Santiago: Do you have any idea what the Clave does to vampires who violate the Accords?
Simon Lewis: I’m not sure I want to know.
Raphael Santiago: They nail us to crosses, then let shafts of sunlight burn off our body parts, one at a time.
Simon Lewis: Which body part? You know what? Don’t answer that.
Street fighter: I don’t fight girls, especially hot ones.
Isabelle Lightwood: Then I guess it’s gonna be really one-sided. (after she kicks his ass) Still want to take me home?
- Simon Lewis: So, please, can you take a break from your day job and help a vamp out?
Magnus Bane: Lucky for you, this potion will take a few hours to stew. But it’ll cost you.
Simon Lewis: Okay. (Magnus cuts few of his hair) Hey!
Magnus Bane: Mmm. I’ve been running low.
- Simon Lewis (to Magnus): Portaling is not my thing. Is there, like, a YouTube tutorial I can watch?
- Magnus Bane: What are you so afraid of?
Simon Lewis: Where do I start? Elevators. Snakes. Clowns. Raphael trying to burn my junk off…
Magnus Bane: You’re a vampire, Simon. You’re tougher than you think.
- Clary Fray (to Jocelyn): For 18 years, you made me believe that I could live a normal life. This life. But I can’t, can I? No. ‘Cause I’m not a mundane. I’m not a Shadowhunter. I’m not anything.
- Isabelle Lightwood: Alec, the ship is glamoured. It won’t show up on the sonar.
Alec Lightwood: Well, it can’t hide from us if we run right into it.
Isabelle Lightwood: It’s a pretty big ocean out there.
- Isabelle Lightwood: Look… you know he’s not hurt. Otherwise, you would have felt something, right?
Alec Lightwood: I don’t feel anything, Izzy. That’s what scares me.
- Simon Lewis (when snake appears): Oh, jeez. Hey, hey, snakey. Nice snakey. Go away, please. Encanto. Who am I kidding? I still suck at encantos!
Simon Lewis (to himself): You’re a vampire, damn it. There’s no pointy objects. There’s no fire. Nothing to be afraid of. Everything… everything’s gonna be fine. You’re gonna be fine. (snake breaths fire) Magnus!
- Magnus Bane (about the snake): My baby.
Simon Lewis: Your baby?
Magnus Bane: I created it for Camille ages ago. The best gift I ever gave.
Simon Lewis: Great. Well, then, maybe don’t include me on your Christmas list.
- Alec Lightwood (to Izzy): He needs me, Iz. And I can’t… I can’t live without him.
- Jocelyn Fray (to Alec): According to Luke, you need to stay near the surface. If you go too deep, nothing can bring you back.
Isabelle Lightwood: If you go too deep, by the Angel, Alec, I will kick your ass when you get back.
Magnus Bane: When I was a boy, discovering my powers, I had no one. I had to figure out the Downworld all on my own. It was awful. So… I vowed to myself that if I ever found someone in a similar situation, I’d try to make sure they didn’t have to go at it alone.
Simon Lewis: So you’re gonna be, like, my Downworld sponsor. Cool.
- Magnus Bane (to Simon): Even though I’ve lived more centuries than I’d like to admit, it doesn’t mean I’m patient.
What was your favorite moment from this episode?